Job ref: QS1223 Salary: Excellent long-term contract rates Location: Kidderminster, Worcestershire
Commercial Manager - Kidderminster - High-end Residential
This is a large private country estate, in excess of 700 acres, with new build works, infrastructure, landscaping and restoration of listed building.
The project value will exceed £50 million and all the works will be executed to the highest standard.
• Site based in Kidderminster, with occasional office visits to London
• Professionally qualified with 15 – 20 years UK experience
• Experience with heritage conservation and high end residential required
• Experience in Construction Management preferred.
• Knowledge of JCT form of contract along with local market.
• Willing to travel to London 1 to 2 times per week
• Must provide own Windows laptop and mobile phone for business use, unless employed on an “umbrella basis”
Site & office based role managing the Commercial aspects of a the project.
The role will require some travel to the London office and will be reporting directly to the Project Director whilst working closely with large multidisciplinary team.
Duties will include;
• Record keeping and reporting of the procurement process
• Pre-qualification of potential Trade Contractors
• Preparation of detailed pricing schedules from drawings & specifications
• Issuing tender packages
• Reviewing, analysing and comparing tender returns
• Charing and recording tender interviews
• Preparation of recommendation reports for Client sign off
• Issuing contract documentation
• Valuation of potential changes and or claims
• Assessment of on-going design development with Design Team
• Assessment of monthly valuations from Trade Contractors
• Agreement of final accounts.
This is a fantastic opportunity to head up a very prestigious long-term project