Sector: Residential Development | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Pension, Healthcare, Fuel Allowance
Our Client is a private (family) owned business with a turnover in excess of £150 million per annum. Offering exceptional building services since early 1970’s, with a primary focus’s on;
- New Housing and Development
- New Social and Education projects
- Major Refurbishment
- Estate and Area Regeneration
- Decent Homes
The majority of these projects are delivered under Partnering arrangements with our Partner Clients who include RSL's, Councils, ALMOs, educational and health authorities.
Location of Head office near Buckhurst Hill, Essex.
Design Architect – Role expectations
- Delivering feasibility layouts on time, assisting in the preparation of working and planning drawings, and being the first point of contact for any queries from the site team. Reporting to Development Director/Design Manager
- Primarily involved in producing detailed high quality feasibility layouts promptly for the Land department and producing AutoCad plans for negotiating detailed planning consents.
- Site evaluation.
- Architectural and engineering design.
- Investigation of technical problems encountered and provision of economical viable solutions.
- Ensure that technical department procedures, layouts and technical reports for land appraisal and required working drawings are delivered to the agreed date schedule.
You need to have…
- Excellent communication, with high detail orientation.
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the major functions within the remit of Technical and Land.
- Proven track record of working in the construction Industry with a developer or main contractor
- At least 3 consistent years with the same company – stable CV (Long term freelancers need not apply)
- Professional qualifications and/or Institute membership
- Readily available and positive references from previous employment
- Live within 1 or 1.5 hours of Buckhurst Hill location (Essex)
- Looking for long term opportunity only
- Experience of Residential or Commercial builds