Sector: Residential Development | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: inc. full package
Quantity Surveyor/Project Manager - London - Perm
Our client, a dynamic property investment company looking to hire a qualified QS/PM.
The role on offer is to Lead on all aspects of development investments, primarily from production of outline feasibility business case up to final account stage all in accordance with our development governance and approval process.
The projects fall into two main categories
i.Joint Venture projects – Where another developer brings a project which we fund and manage at a high level.
ii.Own projects – where all work and management of Main and possibly Sub contractors is carried out in house
Reporting to the Head of construction and development, the Senior role is to:
To undertake and be responsible for the delivery of a range of new build and refurbishment schemes ensuring compliance with our design standards and scope, meeting our required quality benchmarks, retaining costs within approved expenditures and delivering on time.
To manage and organise external project managers, project teams, contractors (both Main and Sub) and development partners.
Candidate must be able:
- To source and assess the viability of development and investment projects.
- To project manage developments from purchase through the build and sale.
- To source potential joint venture partners.
- To form and manage organisational templates for construction.
- To have a proven ability of producing and managing accurate estimates/budgets
- To read and work through construction programs
- To understand and complete all Contract administration tasks
- To be able to successfully negotiate estimates and change orders with contractors
- To be able to identify the factors that influence construction costs, suggest alternatives, monitor and report on this data
- To be comfortable in dealing with all stakeholders and managing variations
- To be able to value engineer and make savings where necessary
- To have full responsibility on all cost management and provide regular reports.
- To have a sense of urgency
It is taken as a given that the candidate will have good organisation skills, be able to prioritise his/her own workload, be able to multi-task and be a team player.
In return we are offering a competitive salary with employee share options and a fantastic opportunity to work for one of London's market leaders in the property development/investment field.