Sector: M&E Building Services | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £28,000 to £32,000
Our client; an international engineering and contracting firm with over £400m turnover offering a full range of Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Commissioning Services, seek a Junior Mechanical Engineer to join the team on one of their Heathrow Airport projects.
As a candidate you must be educated to degree level, with at least 1 year of experience within a Building Services role working for either a contractor or a manufacturer (applicants with lesser experience and a genuine desire to work as an engineer will also be considered). Ambition to pursue a career in project management is required.
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) software and other resources to design systems required for the project
- Using and developing BIM (building information modelling) to ensure relevant systems are coordinated
- Providing mechanical assistance and shadowing other engineers
- Teaming up with various subcontractors to gain an understanding of other trades within the MEP building services industry
- Working with detailed diagrams, plans and drawings
- Document control
- Monitoring building systems and processes
Our client offers great career potential, the opportunity to join an ambitious worldwide firm, busy projects and a competitive starting salary between £28k and £32k based upon experience (with the prospect of negotiation to for a truly exceptional candidate). Projects include commercial, residential, retail and mixed use.
For more information or to apply please telephone Dylan Gallagher on 020 7609 7769 or send me an updated version of your CV (must be in Microsoft Word format). The role is permanent.