Sector: M&E Building Services |
Job Type: Permanent |
Full time Commercial Gas Engineer position available to join a team of maintenance and installation engineers in the Greater London area.
You will be required to attend call outs to various client sites, therefore you should be willing to be part of an out of hours on call rota. On occasions you will meet the client and directly liaise with them, therefore we expect the successful candidate to be well presented at all times, polite and well mannered and speak good English.
We operate an electronic reporting software called Service Tracker to communicate service visit reports back to the office and to the client, therefore you should possess good written English skills and be able to provide comprehensive quotes for remedial works. Training will be provided for use of Service Tracker.
- Qualifications in electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Proven ability to fault find in a range of demanding environments
- Good electrical understanding, 18th Edition desirable not essential
The Ideal Candidate:
- Great communication skills.
- Experience in a customer focussed environment.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent is required.
- Ideal gas certificate required for this role:
- CCN1 – Core domestic gas safety assessment criteria – NG
- CDGA1 – Commission, service, repair & breakdown of commercial direct fired heating appliances & equipment – NP & LPG
- CENWAT – Install, exchange, service, repair, breakdown and commission domestic central heating & hot water boilers.
- CKR1 – Install, exchange, service, repair, breakdown and commission domestic gas cooking applicants – NG & LPG
- COCN1 – Core commercial gas safety assessment criteria – NG
- CORT1 – Commission, service, repair and breakdown of gas fired commercial overhead luminous radiant plaque & radiant tube heaters – NG & LPG
- CPA1 – Combustion performance analysis – NG & LPG
- HTR1 – Install, exchange, service, repair, breakdown and commission domestic open balanced and fan assisted flued gas fires and wall heaters – NG & LPG
- ICPN1 – Installation of commercial pipework (first fix) – NG & LPG
- J01 – Flue liners
- L1 – Energy conservation L1 (City & Guilds 6084)
- TPCP1 – Testing & purging of low pressure commercial pipework, exceeding 1m3 in volume, up to 7 bar operating pressure NG & 2 bar LPG. – NG & LPG
- TPCP1A – Testing & purging of low pressure commercial pipework NOT exceeding 1m3 in volume, 21 MBAR operating pressure - NG
Ideal additional skills include:
Air conditioning, comfort cooling systems, ventilation systems, hot & cold water systems, LPHW heating & water systems, controls systems and electrical installation.
Driving License - Required