Sector: M&E Building Services | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: c£48k - c£52k
Our Client a well established and leading Design & Build consultancy require a Business Development Manager to develop a sales plan and a strategy for generating the meaningful and profitable business for the Company.
The desired candidate will have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in addition to a proven track record of selling construction and services to prospective Clients. Whilst the company does benefit from a fair amount of repeat clientele the incumbent would be expected to develop new client leads, sales strategies including scheduling future contacts, selecting appropriate sales and marketing materials and analysing the needs of the prospects.
The Business Development Manager would be responsible for all contract negotiations with his client, formal presentations, etc. An engineering degree would be useful.
Your duties would also include:
1. Develop sales strategy plans to identify viable prospects needing Austin type services.
2. Research prospects business to identify needs.
3. Prepare scope of work proposals to define services to be performed and the costs for these services.
4. Plan, prepare and participate in sales presentations to prospective clients to demonstrate company qualifications and services.
5. Any commitments (cost and time) issues to the Prospect shall be approved in advance by the Managing Director
6. Negotiate and finalise contracts with clients to obtain equitable and profitable contracts.
7. Follow up on Company performance of contracts to ensure client satisfaction.
8. Plan and conduct efficient work week to maximise sales effort.
9. Meet agreed sales budgets.
10. Prepare marketing plan for assigned area to achieve annual budget sales volume.
11. Assist with the preparation of sales tools such as brochures, profiles and updates.
12. Prepare good quality qualification documents to match the client’s needs.
13. Prepare advance work schedule of planned activities