Sector: M&E Building Services | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: c£70k - c£80k
Title: Chief Engineer (Amsterdam),
Salary: c£70k - c£80k,
Our Client a leading main contractor and developer require a Chief Engineer to look after a large luxury hotel property in Amsterdam comprising of 420 rooms, managing all aspects of maintenance staff on a daily basis coordinating and performing routine, preventive and emergency interior / exterior maintenance and repairs to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of hotel operations, directing the Engineering staff, accounting/budgeting, asset protection, inventory control and human resources whilst reporting to either Engineering Director or General Manager.
You will be preferably degree qualified in Mechanical or Electrical engineering with a min 5 years maintenance experience and 3 years supervisory or manager experience within a Hotel or Hospital engineering department with good communication skills and knowledge of building management/engineering committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
Your responsibilities include:-
• Familiar and complies with the hotels mission and standards in performing maintenance activities.
• Maximise maintenance team potential with a balanced focus on operations, guests, employee and owners satisfaction.
• Represents the engineering department during the daily HOD morning meetings.
• Prioritise, plan, schedule assign and supervise the engineering department staff.
• Oversee the maintenance tasks, work orders and special projects ensuring timely and accurate completion.
• Respond to guest's maintenance needs promptly and ensure guests receive professional, efficient prompt and courteous service to hotel standards.
• Maintain the physical appearance and operational efficiency of the hotel including physical. Mechanical, electrical, plumbing etc.
• Installation & maintenance of all equipment related to HVAC, DG Sets, Water treatment, Fire Safety etc.
• Ensure proper records are kept relating to all plant and equipment for the hotel including repair and service records.
• Prepare reports as required by the General Manager.
• Ensure that stores have adequate stocks of materials, spares, equipment and tools and are kept in a clean and safe environment.
• Take responsibility for the cleanliness and safety aspects of all plant and mechanical equipment rooms.
• Attend all Facility Management/Property meetings as required, passing on necessary information to the maintenance team in regular junior staff meetings.
• Ensure the proper use and periodic maintenance of all equipment.
• Perform daily and weekly property document inspections.
• Ensure property, grounds, physical plant and work areas are maintained to standard and that all safety equipment and conditions are to code.
• Establish and maintain department equipment and supply inventory levels appropriate to property requirements
• Provide training to staff on supplies, inventory, maintenance and ordering procedures.
• Train engineering department staff on correct maintenance procedures and assists in repairs as needed.
• Maintain, monitor and test hotel's emergency and security systems, features like Fire Alarm, CCTV,Sprinkler systems
• Discuss with GM / Owner / Department heads on maintenance status and inspection reports.
• Respond to corporate and management inquires.
• Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs.
• Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimise expenses.
• Coordinate with the equipment suppliers for AMC and any outstanding issues.
• Ensure maintenance staff is wearing proper uniforms with name tag and upholds hotels grooming and hygiene standards.
• Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations
The Client offers a very competitive remuneration, with long term career prospects and immediate starts.