Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary:
A Site Manager position has become available with a busy main contractor in Dublin to safely deliver on time and to budget the contracts.
· Deliver Projects in accordance with Safety First Guiding Principles.
· Ensuring adequate supervision is in place on all contracts.
· Ensure site specific induction training is carried out for all personnel.
· The development of or ensuring the development of safe systems of work utilising generic risk assessments to develop task specific assessments.
· Ensuring contract specific site safety statements are developed including all sub-contracted works. These safety statements must be maintained as ‘live’ documents for the duration of the project.
· Ensure activities are coordinated, monitored and inspected regularly to ensure the work is being completed safely.
· Ensure help or advice is promptly obtained from the Safety Department as required.
· Ensuring adequate supervision is in place on all contracts under their control.
· Ensure there is adequate control of materials, plant and equipment to prevent loss by damage, waste, theft or unnecessary hire charges.
· Identify and issue RFI’s to design team.
· Ensure Site Daily Diary is completed on all sites.
· Manage site teams through regular “team” meetings and Contract Reviews that are documented in minute’s format and distributed to relevant personnel.
· Highlight any variations between the contract/ tender drawings and drawings issued for construction to our Quantity Surveyor.
· Maintain excellent working relationship with Client/ Project team throughout the contract.
· Ensure direct and sub-contract labour is managed in line with company policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of design procurement
· Knowledge of construction methods and best practice, technologies and materials.
· Measurement and Valuation
· Ability to manage more than one project
· Knowledge & understanding of subcontract/ material procurement
· Knowledge of Management Systems