Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £50 - 55K + Package
Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor – Suspended & Plasterboard Ceilings,
Salary: £55K + Package,
My client is one of the UK’s largest dry lining and suspended ceiling sub-contractors in the UK, operating in commercial,high spec residential,aviation, healthcare and cleanroom projects. My client turns over £60M. My client has just won an award for being the best sub-contractor to work for in the UK, a prize which had a shortlist of 20 sub-contractors and my client proudly won.
Voted for by their own staff, including dry liners, operatives as well as the site management, quantity surveyors and the senior management team. My client is particularly proud of this accolade, as they strive to provide a great working environment. This is through a culture of internal promotion, progressive career development plans, internal and external training programmes and internal incentives. With a proven track record in hospitals and cleanrooms, my client has won a project close to Birmingham centre for major hospital.
The project is worth circa £3.4M and the programme is set at 54 weeks. The client is a tier one main contractor and the scope of package includes suspended ceiling, plasterboard ceilings, some screeding and drywall partition systems. Due to the fast pace nature of this project, it is imperative that Senior Quantity Surveyors have worked within a sub-contracting environment and have a sound knowledge of ceilings, dry lining and partitions.
Role and Responsibilities to include:
- To manage all commercial aspects of specific projects and complete tasks assigned by the Commercial Manager, ensuring agreed profit levels are maintained, negotiating and quantifying with Operatives, and measuring works as specified to price.
- To measure, price and invoice all elements of work to be charged for the package of works contracted.
- Negotiate with clients, preparing detailed valuation and applications for payments with supporting documentation, including marked up drawings, defining and agreeing price variations and maintaining margins.
- This individual will be responsible for their own projects.
- Additionally, may be asked to oversee and mentor other Quantity Surveyor(s) to support their development and maximise the commercial opportunities on their projects. Senior Quantity Surveyors
- You must come from a specialist sub-contracting background and have a stable work history from a sub-contractor environment
- Quantity Surveyors must have a minimum of 7 years of experience and have a construction related degree or vocational equivalent.
My client is offering a salary of £55K + Package + Flexible Benefits including child care vouchers and gym membership as well as cycle to work schemes.You will also get 26 days annual leave, an extra day off for your birthday and bi annual bonus, including personal performance and company performance bonus.