Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Excellent salary and full package on offer
Senior Project Manager - High-end residential refurbishment - London
My client is an established main contractor that specialises in the refurbishments of prime residential properties in Central London. Having successfully competitively tendered and won the jobs, the need has arisen for senior Project manager to join the team.
These jobs are worth £10m+ and candidates must have a proven track record of delivering high-value projects on time and within budget,
Must have a stable work history, and experience in running projects from inception to completion.
First Aid - all essential tickets
· Produce, work to and report on the project construction programme.
· Manage the works so that they are completed on time and to the standard required. Arrange for the works to be signed off in line with company QA procedure.
· Organise the workforce so that they are fully occupied, working towards clear objectives and to required standards.
· Organise and liaise with sub contractors with particular reference to meeting their agreed targets/programmes in order to maintain the overall programme for the works.
· Identify critical path items, including information and procurement, that are required to maintain the works programme, scheduling them, sourcing them, ensuring that the Contract Manager and Project Surveyor is informed of any items that need to be put on the procurement schedule where lead times are known.
· Co-ordinate labour requirements including organizing agency labour as and when required.
· Requisition materials from the Buying Dept. Checking their delivery on site, notifying suppliers immediately of any discrepancies/damaged items so that they can be replaced with minimal effect on the works programme.
· Identify snagging items throughout the course of the project and arrange for them to be rectified together with all items brought to his attention by the Contracts Manager, co-ordinating the trades through to completion so that the highest standards are maintained and post-contract snagging is kept to a minimum.
· Deal with man management on site so that the workforce are motivated and directed so as to maintain output and adhere to standards.
· Lead by example with his own punctuality and make sure all the work force come and go as agreed and work the hours for which they are paid.
· Exercise discipline on site, taking the appropriate action with regard to any disciplinary issues that may arise, e.g. punctuality, standards of appearance, standards of behaviour, disputes etc. Accurate records to be kept for all such issues as and when they occur and the Contracts Manager to be informed.
· Produce when required/as directed, CVIs/RFIs making sure all variations/changes to the contract are recorded. Where these are given verbally all such instructions/variations are to be recorded. All such records should be signed, where possible, by the person issuing the instruction etc.
· Deal with routine client enquiries and requests to ensure maximum client satisfaction during the contract.
Health and Safety
· Management of site Health & Safety to comply with CDM and HSE current legislation requirements as detailed in the Health & Safety file.
· Identify any risks and producing a method statement on how such risks are to be dealt with when necessary to meet with the required site standard and in accordance with current health and safety requirements.
· Ensure 1st Aid certificate is displayed in site office and training is maintained and up to date.
· Carry out regular routine site inspections to identify and rectify risks
· Carry out necessary tools box talk as and when required to do so.
· At the end of the contract, carry out end of project routines and checks as necessary for the project
Excellent salary and full package on offer
Please reply with an updated CV in the first instance
Senior Project Manager - High-end residential refurbishments - London