Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: 75000
Estimator – Egham, London – Permanent
Our Client is a leading specialist of office refurbishment and interior design based in London, boasting 25 years of excellence. During that time, annual turnover has grown to in excess of £30m. As specialists in commercial refurbishments and fit outs they have a very simple philosophy which is to exceed their customers’ expectations every time.
The need now exists for a Senior Estimator. The Estimating role entails managing our Traditional Tenders from initial receipt through the pre contract stage including technical evaluation, commercial responsibility and contract agreement up to the point of hand over to the Contracts Manager who will undertake the build process thereafter.
- Working with the Pre contract team including the Sales Consultant, Designer, QS and Technical Services Manager and Contracts Manager.
- Co-ordination of sub-contractor pricing.
- Preparation of detailed Tender returns.
- Attending and contributing to mid tender and tender interviews.
- Full commercial aspects of projects until the point of handover to the Contracts Manager.
Professional Skills & Experience:
- A solid understanding of services installations, with a good grasp in both electrical and mechanical.
- Commercially astute.
- An awareness of the balance of risk and profit is essential.
- Proven track record of co-ordinating projects effectively in an office fit out environment.
- Good commercial understanding of the market and market values.
- Solid Traditional Contracting background.
- Experience of pitching to Professional Teams in a competitive environment.
- Experienced negotiator.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office.
- Desire to research facts and gain a whole understanding to become as knowledgeable about the project as possible.
- Methodical and logical.
- Confident manner.
- Interpersonal skills – able to communicate effectively and clearly to clients and colleagues.
- Ability to be able to work under pressure and react quickly in pressured circumstances.
- Well presented.
- Team player.
In return the client will offer a competitive salary plus package.