Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Excellent Salary & full package on offer
My client is an established main contractor, with a turnover c£60m+ - operating in the Southern regions, and covering a variety of sectors including education, healthcare, residential, etc - with projects up to C£10m each in value.
Reporting to the Commercial Director you will assist and produce priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within deadlines. Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations and provide clearly identified price build-ups to the Contract team.
The desired outcome being that the Company will achieve sufficient new work to enable continued growth in accordance with the Business Plan.
The role will include but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Arrange site inspections
- Provide accurate budgets/cost plans
- Provide a detailed “take-off” and Bill of Quantities (BQ) using the Conquest Estimating software package
- Work on traditional Plan and Specification, Design and Build of Partnered Contracts
- Obtain competitive prices for materials and sub-contract packages
- Oversee or complete quote analysis comparisons
- Check and amend rate/price build-ups where necessary
- Prepare tender build-ups for internal adjudication and carry out adjustments where necessary
- Preparation and collation of relevant information/ documentation for handover meeting, ensuring all teams are suitably briefed
- Discuss the clients requirements for a pre-tender meeting with relevant departments, present and answer all questions regarding cost of works
- Participate in post-tender meetings with clients
- Degree or Higher National Certificate in Construction/Building, or equivalent.
- Previous estimating experience of at least 5 years.
- Knowledge of building, material components, building regulations, estimating (including taking-off) and H&S.
- Management skills – basic programming, planning, compiling reports.
- Word processing and computer skills for record keeping/data entry and report writing – Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills; well-spoken and personable; able to get on with diverse personalities
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail
- Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information
- Confident and resourceful
- Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team
- Personal commitment to equality and diversity
- Driving license holder with own car
An excellent salary and full benefits package is available for successful candidates.