Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £70K + Package
Senior Estimator – North London – Social Housing Maintenance- Senior Estimator
My client operates globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, and utilities. Within their Housing Maintenance business unit, my client provides services that focuses in particular on local authorities and housing associations. Undertaking works in 350,000 homes and carrying out 750,000 repairs each year in the UK throughout 23 different contracts allows multi-skilled teams to maximise the value and performance of local authorities and housing associations, in addition to raising living standards within affordable living.
The successful post-holder will be responsible for providing tenders based on first principals, analytical estimating to secure new business opportunities.
- Manage all aspects of quoted works process in order to maximise revenue and operating profit
- Estimate the costs of projects in order to meet or exceed the client’s requirements
- Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
- Development of margin bridges where necessary
- Support the fulfilment of the programme of works safely, on time and to the required quality while maximising the gross profit and client’s satisfaction
- Excellent knowledge of pricing of direct labour including TUPE, Pensions, outputs, efficiency, etc.
- Ability to find ‘the edge’ within a bid
- Working with all operational and support functions in establishing the net price for a bid
- Obtain the best market quotations to substantiate the prime cost
- Deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting in a professional and logical manner.
- Liaising with clients and suppliers to ensure projects are efficiently costed and managed through the pricing and tendering process - generating quotations, PQQ's and tender submissions for minor and/or major works of values £3M - £20M per annum.
- Work closely with and supporting project, commercial and operational managers on a daily basis through accompanied and unaccompanied site surveys and meetings with clients, project managers and directors as necessary
- Attend tender settlement meetings and present net tender and commercial analysis.
- Undertake project debrief and contract handover review meetings.
- Benchmarking of key operational ratios and material costs
- Senior Estimators will be Qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar function in construction
- Previous experience of Repairs & Maintenance and Planned Maintenance contracts or similar
- Strong commercial awareness and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills and able to present information in a logical manner
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Able to work as an individual and work co-operatively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent IT skills, preferably Excel, Word, PowerPoint and estimating software