Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Excellent Salary & full package on offer
My client is an award-winning nationwide contractor, witha turnover c£200m+ - covering a variety of sectors including: Education Commerical Leisure Pharmaceutical Due to continued expansion, now looking to add a senior estimator into a busy pre-construction team - responsible for major project tenders, whilst overlooking intermediate estimators.
Procurement is largely 2 stage tenders but single stage tenders also make up a healthy portion of Traditional and Design & Build bids.
Project values range from c£1M to £50M
- HNC in Building studies or similar
- Chartership to MCIOB or RICS would be supported
Duties will include:
- Accurate interpretation of drawings & technical specs
- Undertaking Take Offs
- Pricing a diverse range of trades from first principles
- Sub-contract tender analysis
- Attend pre-tender interviews and post tender presentations
- Development of Client and Consultant relations
- Review the status of tenders and department workload with the Managing Estimator
Successful candidates would have:
- The ability to communicate confidently with external and internal teams
- Have a proven background in successfully delivering a wide range of tenders
- Have experience of various construction methods - new build/refurbishment/fit-out
- Be able to present plans clearly and accurately
- Experience of value engineering and finding practical solutions to overcome barriers
- IT literate in Excel & used Conquest software
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well respected contractor, offering career progression and stability. An excellent salary and package (with full benefits) is available.