Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £75K + Package
Title: Senior Estimator - Dry Lining - Fit Out
Salary: £75K + Package
My client a specialist sub-contractor based on the Kent / London boarder, focussing their direction in the market to dry lining, partitions and external facades, my client now claims an annual turnover of £74M. Offering a range of services to the construction industry, my client has a proven track record in delivering projects on time, within budget and defect free. Working with major clients such a MACE, Balfour Beatty and Lain O’Rourke, my client has well established relationships with key players within construction and this has ensured year on year growth even during the recession. Due to this progressive growth, my client now requires a Senior Estimator to join their work winning team and become part of their success story.
- Compare tender packages from supplier, making enquiries where necessary to prepare draft preliminaries.
- Produce Bills of Quantities, from completing material take off and undertake spot checks when required.
- Quantify from drawings and produce pricing documents.
- Consider alternatives and develop and price any worthy of consideration, value managing these accordingly
- Prepare commercial pricing strategy document and identify potential commercial risks on the project
- Liaise with the Pre-construction Team including Planning, Design etc. as well as clients and consultant (architects and engineers) throughout engagement.
- Establish, build and maintain commercial relationship with suppliers and clients. •Prepare internal reports for settlements and advise on risk, inflation and qualification.
- Manage more junior members of staff within the Estimating and Planning team and reporting into the Estimating Manager.
- Senior Estimators will have at least ten years of working experience within estimating and cost planning
- Senior Estimators will have a proven track record in pricing fit out projects and include partitioning, suspended ceilings and facades
- Senior Estimator must be able to price projects using first principals up to the value of £10M
- My client requites Senior Estimators to be able to have a sound working knowledge of Conquest and Causeway Estimating Software
- Senior Estimators must be able to demonstrate employment stability with loyalty to employers on CV’s
- Senior Estimator must be able to tender a project as well as price packages.