Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £60-65K + Package
Title: Senior Estimator - Ceilings and Partitions - Dartford
Salary: £60-65K + Package
My client has been established for over 30 years and have built an excellent reputation over the years in construction. My client is a specialist sub-contractor within high spec fit out and finishes and they design, supply and install suspended ceilings, metal ceilings, glass reinforced gypsum, architectural metal work and dry lining. With an annual turnover of £35M, my client is based in Dartford. Due to an upcoming retirement in the end of 2017, the need now exits for my client to employ a Senior Estimator within the Pre-Construction Team.
- To process and present selected incoming enquiries, co-ordinate, prepare and ensure tender submissions are evaluated and submitted in accordance with the client’s requirements and time scale.
- Ensure the business development strategy is implemented as agreed.
- Ensure the pre-construction process is adhered to.and support client engagement during the bid process
- Engage manufacturers and suppliers
- Assess the risk associated with key bids including HSE, scope, logistics, attendances, financial etc.
- Assist with developing the key bid deliverables including clarifications, design requirements, preliminary assessment.
- Fully understand the client scope of works and ensure that the estimators understand how this may impact on the estimate.
- Present financial overviews of bids allowing assessment of value engineering proposals and commercial amendments.
- Senior Estimators must be analytical and trained in first principals.
- Senior Estimators will have a sound understanding of the Tender Process and pricing schedules
- You will be customer focused with on-site experience
- Relevant experience within sub-contracting fit out with a multi-disciplined Partitioning & dry Lining contractor
- You will have a solid estimating background with knowledge of Metal Ceilings, SAS Ceilings, SFS, British gypsum, Knauf and Siniat finishes and systems.
- Ideally Senior Estimators will have either a professional accreditation or a degree, preferably in a construction related discipline or equivalent proven ability and experience in similar role.