Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £55k - £60k
Quantity Surveyor – Reading – Permanent
Our Client is a commercial interior specialist, undertaking office Cat A and B fit-outs and refurbishments.
Our client has completed projects ranging from £150,000 up to £2.5m.
The need now exists for a Quantity Surveyor.
You will be responsible for overseeing a proportion of commercial work in order to minimise the costs of projects and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Reviewing contract documents, including bills of quantities and preliminaries.
- Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Financial controlling accountability.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Preparing and analysing tender returns.
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Re-measuring projects insuring they match with the Estimators bill of quantities.
- Overview of sub-contractor accounts.
- Managing valuation and sub-contractor invoicing.
- Needs to be aware of the different building contracts in current use.
- Performing risk and value management and cost control.
- Liaising with professional teams, especially quantity/building surveyors.
- Understanding and making sure health and safety regulations are adhered to.
Suitable candidate must have a minimum 5 years’ commercial office interiors contract management experience on project values from £50k to £2.5m on both refurbishment and fitting out projects and be able to demonstrate a solid track record of overseeing and delivering profitable commercial projects.
In return our client offers a competitive salary plus package.