Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £65,000
Title: Quantity Surveyor,
Location: London-City/West End.
Quantity Surveyor Excellent rates/salaries on offer CENTRAL LONDON Flagship project – 2.5 years My client is very well known and respected £400m turnover RC frames contractor and are currently looking for an experienced Civils, RC frame & Groundworks QS for one of their most prestigious London projects. Project Project specifics are – Large mixed-use development | Top down construction | Slipform core 25 storeys up/5 storeys down - £50 million RC frame.
Responsibilities To successfully carry out your role, you'll need to:
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- Perform risk, value management and cost control;
- Advise on a procurement strategy;
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
- Allocate work to subcontractors;
- Provide advice on contractual claims;
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
- Value completed work and arrange payments;
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
Once you have gained sufficient experience and specialist knowledge, you may also:
- Offer advice on property taxation;
- Provide post-occupancy advice, facilities management services and life-cycle costing advice;
- Assist clients in locating and accessing additional and alternative sources of funding;
- Enable clients to initiate construction projects;
- Advise on the maintenance costs of specific buildings.
- Quantity Surveyor – Structure – Marble Arch Place project – London
- Permanent Ideally have a degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience as a QS / AQS.
- Experience within Civils, groundworks, structures, demolition.
Please let me know if this opportunity is of interest.