Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Excellent salary and full package on offer
Quantity Surveyor - High-end residential - West London
Established for 15 years our company specialises in high end residential contracts, together with building projects across Central London. The role offers the opportunity to work on the full spectrum of projects from traditional to contemporary, refurbishment and new builds. Looking for a site-based QS to oversee a £10m high-end residnetial office to luxury apartment conversion.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and self motivated, Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our company. The role offers an excellent opportunity for a commercially minded, ambitious person, adaptable to any task, to lead the surveying team, providing quantity surveying services for both our private clients and our developments. You will also be expected to run your own projects.
Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying you should have a minimum of 6 years experience, working for a similar company. Having excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be at ease dealing with both our high net worth clients and our sub contractors and be able to establish working relationships with both.
The key responsibilities are:
• Manage the other Project Surveyors, ensuring all company procedures are being adhered to whilst also running your own project,
• Set up and agree the implementation of new procedures if it is felt improvement in needed,
• Work closely with the Contract Managers to deliver high quality product to budget and programme,
• Maximising the gross margin on the Company’s building contracts by working with the Contract Managers, accurately assessing costs during the delivery of the contract,
• Identifying inefficient spends and proposing new ways of eliminating these,
• Justifying to and claiming from Clients all contractual payments due to the company,
• Giving advice and undertaking value engineering if required,
• Preparing and issuing tender packages to sub contractors,
• Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering sub contractors,
• Collate and analyze sub contractor tenders and, after consultation with the relevant Contract Manager, award the sub contracts,
• Assess and cost variations to the contract on a regular basis and update the Variations Account,
• Scrutinise and verify applications for payment from sub contracts. Issuing “pay less” notices in timely fashion if required,
• Formulate contractual claims for submission,
• Prepare and submit monthly valuations,
• Submit and agree final accounts,
• Prepare monthly cost reports and cost forecasting ,
• Promote commercial awareness throughout the project,
• Manage the procurement and buying gains reporting, ensuring regular updating as the project progresses,
• Review and advise on contracts,
• Develop cost plans.
This is a permanent role, with an excellent salary and package on offer...