Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Excellent salary and full package on offer
Quantity Surveyor - High-end residential - Richmond
My client is a leading high-end residential - that specialise in new build and refurbishments to luxury homes across London and the South West. A Project Quantity Surveyor role is to drive the tendering and construction phase of a project ensuring there is no compromise on programme, quality or Health & Safety. This role will require you to manage the multiple tenders ensuring deadlines are not compromised. You will join a team renowned for their exceptional client service who are currently winning a variety of high end residential contracts in London. You will be given exposure to an array of projects and will be providing a full service to a wide range of high end clients.
• Good understanding of traditional building methods and products associated with quality new build and refurbishment of high end properties.
• Confident in dealing directly with Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Clients and Subcontractors.
• Attending site design team meetings where required • Managing the tender process from start to finish ensuring costings are identified to a high standard. This would also involve managing multiple projects at any one time
• Able to maintain tight control on variation orders on a large number of on-going projects, assisting Directors,
Site Managers and Contracts Managers in recording all variations, pricing them and accurately recording their effect on final accounts and ensure that AI’s are received for all variations
• Pricing and agreeing variations via the Change Control register.
• Prepare Post contract activities & Cost planning
• Take a lead in the calculation and preparation of all company valuations and final accounts.
• Advice on procurement and contract strategies ensuring robust contract documents are generated
• Assist with the preparation of estimates and cost plans and in the development of programmes for the delivery
• Prepare and present monthly job cost analysis data, including those covering financial status, tender and forecast allowances.
• Analyse current methods and procedures and develop improved methods of working.
• Assume full control of subcontract orders, applications and assist with subcontract enquiries and management. Overall responsibility for ensuring that all subcontract/supplier orders placed are within budget.
• Assist in the management of sub-contractor procurement processes
• Pay regular visits to site, as well as liaise directly with Contracts Managers and Site Managers to ensure all variations are recorded on CVIs and copied to all interested parties.
• Contributing to achieve appropriate commercial result and report on contract profitability, including reporting to line manager as soon as any individual budget is exceeded or likely to be exceeded.
• Communicate also on all matters affecting the performance of projects, employees, associates, and the commercial interests of the company.
• Ensure works are valued and payment obtained in accordance with the contract terms • Contribute to the formulation of the monthly financial reports, both internal management accounts and external applications for payment.
• Pricing additional works and raising Instructions.
• Raising invoice payments.
Person Profile The Project Quantity Surveyor will have:
• Quantity surveying degree or HND/HNC in Quantity Surveying (Essential)
• 3-5 years’ experience within the industry (Essential)
• Good understanding of construction contracts (Essential)
• Experience in working on high end residential building projects (Essential)
• Previous experience in using bill of quants.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word
• Enthusiastic, ambitious with the ability to work on your own initiative.
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
Please reply with an updated CV in the first instance