Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary:
I am looking for a Project Manager with experience in Reinforced Concrete Frame and Groundwork packages to work on a £20 million project based in Birmingham. This is a long-term career move and offers a great opportunity with a fantastic company.
Project Managers are required to lead an entire site team responsible for health and safety, resources allocation, team management, planning and monitoring progress of projects, budget management, procurement of materials and technical queries.
Main duties include accountability for the following:
· Project Delivery.
· Manage the day-to-day working, from ensuring the correct material turns up before a job, to explaining the work ethics and activities to colleagues.
· Managing the site engineers, foremen, labour and plant.
· Communication and information flow with the contract’s manager and the client.
· Implementing the company health & safety management systems and procedures and quality assurance procedures.
· Report progress on projects, maintain and update project reporting, checkpoints and financial reporting to a high standard.
· Co-ordinate required support levels and training.
· Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors before construction work starts.
· Developing the programme of work and strategy for the project, planning to prevent problems on site before they occur.
· Using construction management software packages to plan smooth work flows.
· Communicating with a range of people including the client, subcontractors, suppliers, the public and the workforce.
· Ideally degree qualified in civil engineering.
· Knowledge in groundworks and RC frame building practices, methods and techniques.
· Proven track record from similar sector specific organisations.
· An excellent communicator.
· Able to work as part of a team yet willing to work independently.
· Have commercial awareness.
· Would-be Project Managers need to be forward planners, with exceptional people skills and the ability to present ideas and negotiate.
· Good problem solving skills are essential.
· IT is increasingly important for managers working on site and in the office, so building up skills in this area is vital.