Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Excellent salary and package on offer
Managing Quantity Surveyor - Welwyn Garden City - Main Contractor
My client is an established contract that specialises in high end residential, commercial and education fit-out and refurbishment projects. The role offers the opportunity to work on the full spectrum of projects from traditional to contemporary, refurbishment and new builds. A nationwide contractor, with around 70% of the business being across London and the South.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and self motivated, Managing Quantity Surveyor to join our company. The role offers an excellent opportunity for a commercially minded, ambitious person, adaptable to any task, to lead the surveying team, providing quantity surveying services for both our private clients and our developments. You will also be expected to run your own projects.
This role would suit a Senior QS who is looking for the next step in their career. Ideally degree qualified in Quantity Surveying you should have a minimum of 10 years experience, working for a similar company. Having excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be at ease dealing with both our high net worth clients and our sub contractors and be able to establish working relationships with both.
The key responsibilities are:
• Manage the other Quantity Surveyors, ensuring all company procedures are being adhered to whilst also running your own project.
• Set up and agree the implementation of new procedures if it is felt improvement in needed
• Work closely with the Contract Managers to deliver high quality product to budget and programme
• Maximising the gross margin on the Company’s building contracts by working with the Contract Managers, accurately assessing costs during the delivery of the contract.
• Identifying inefficient spends and proposing new ways of eliminating these
• Justifying to and claiming from Clients all contractual payments due to the company
• Giving advice and undertaking value engineering if required
• Preparing and issuing tender packages to sub contractors
• Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering sub contractors.
• Collate and analyze sub contractor tenders and, after consultation with the relevant Contract Manager, award the sub contracts
• Assess and cost variations to the contract on a regular basis and update the Variations Account
• Scrutinise and verify applications for payment from sub contracts. Issuing “pay less” notices in timely fashion if required.
• Formulate contractual claims for submission
• Prepare and submit monthly valuations
• Submit and agree final accounts
• Prepare monthly cost reports and cost forecasting
• Promote commercial awareness throughout the project
• Manage the procurement and buying gains reporting, ensuring regular updating as the project progresses
• Review and advise on contracts
• Develop cost plans
This role has an immediate start, and offers the chance to join a stable company that offers a lot in terms of progression and development. An excellent salary and package is on offer for the right candidate Please email back with an updated CV in the first instance...