Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Negotiable
Health and Safety Advisor
The Safety Officer reports directly to the Health & Safety Manager and is responsible for advising on overall compliance in maters of Health & Safety in accordance with Company policy and relevant statutory provisions.
The Safety Officer must lead by example and serve as a role model in mobilising the team and ensuring the highest standards of health & Safety are adopted throughout.
While other duties may be required by Site Management from time to time, this must in no way detract from primary duties.
Principle Duties & Accountability
- Conducting regular, formal site audits an carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System; ·
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority;
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site;
- Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required for the company Employees;
- Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc;
- Serving as the company representative as Site meetings;
- Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for the company and Sub-Contractors personnel;
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement sand required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractorstatements and method statements, assisting where required;
- Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
- Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Officer updated;
- Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that al relevant Certs are updated;
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project. Knowledge/Skills/Qualifications
- Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential,
- With 4+ years experience
- Previous experience managing safety on site.
- Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills.
- Experience in the construction industry.