Sector: Construction | Job Type: Temporary | Salary: £250 - £300 Per day
Freelance Estimator - Edinburgh
Client has been established for over twenty years and operates as a specialist sub-contractor in dry lining, partitioning and suspended ceilings within the construction industry.
Now boasting an annual turnover of £55M, my client is rapidly becoming the leading partitions sub-contractor within the UK. Due to recent growth my client has restructured the business into five distinct units which includes, The North, The Core, Residential, Fire stopping and International.
Client is looking for a Freelance Estimator for a period of 3-6 months to join the team in Scotland. This is an exciting time for my client as you will be responsible for the preparation, submission, and negotiation of tender proposals to enable the securing of potentially profitable work for the new Business Unit in The North.
You will be working closely with the Head of Northern Operations and will be fully supported by the Estimating Team, who are based in London. You will be used to working fairly autonomously and will ensure that bids are prepared in a timely manner, are attractive to their customers, and meet their business requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of prime cost estimates incorporating both standard and bespoke products
- Implementation of the 15 point Tender Process
- Measurement of quantity and scope for each bid
- Completion of fully considered tenders at settlement stage
- Advice on finalisation matters of risk, qualification and margin
- Preparation of indicative programme to accompany bid
- In conjunction with business development function prepare bid submissions
- Follow up with client to reach a positive conclusion
- Successful post tender negotiations
You will be proficient in the following software:
- ConQuest (or equivalent)
- On-Screen Take-Off (or equivalent)
- MS Office
This role could also be suitable for people looking for a temp to perm opportunity.