Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £60,000 - £80,000
Estimator/Senior Estimator - High-end Residential - Surrey/London
Our client is a specialist contractor undertaking new build schemes within the high-class private residential sector. From their SW London head office projects are undertaken primarily across London, Surrey & Bucks. Project values from £1m - £15m.
Due to continued strong growth in the sector our client now seeks an Estimator and a Senior Estimator to join the established team based from their South West London head office.
Applicants will ideally have a qualification in a surveying or estimating subject and have specific experience within the high-class residential sector. This role will require the simultaneous management of 3 / 4 projects (circa £5m each) so applicants with experience of managing multiple schemes would be at an advantage.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assigns responsibilities for estimating team on each project
- Reviews project plans and specifications and coordinates with the team to confirm complete scope
- Identify risk issues and their order of magnitude
- Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier information & pricing
- Prepares instructions to bidders, bid form and other bid solicitation information as required
- Performs and/or manages the quality survey and pricing efforts for internal budges
- Prepares conceptual budgets based on minimal information
- Reviews general conditions, schedule, scopes of work, hoisting plans, site logistics and other exhibits as prepared by Operations
- Ensures the flow of project information is maintained and documented
- Reviews and/or manages the review and scoping of specialty contractor bids
- Coordinates insurance requirements with Risk Manager
- Coordinates technical proposal requirements with Marketing Department
- Reviews constructability issues with operational staff
- Maintains and communicates data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs
- Analyse alternate means and methods to determine the most economical alternative
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, specialty contractors, suppliers and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client and community relations to enhance company image
In return our client is offering an excellent basic salary and full package.