Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Excellent Salary & package on offer
Estimator | Heritage & Restoration Contractors Jobs in London
My client is a leading contractor that specializes in the heritage and restoration of listed buildings, landmarks and heritage works. A leading name in the sector, and due to the increased workload are looking to add an experienced estimator to bulk up the commercial department.
This is a fundamental role within the business where you will be expected to build and maintain relationships with Project Managers, Architects, Interior Designers, Clients and Subcontractors ensuring there is a good understanding of the high-end market.
You will join a team renowned for their exceptional client service who are currently winning a variety of high end residential contracts in London. You will be given exposure to an array of projects and will be providing a full service to a wide range of high end clients.key Responsibilities: Estimator | Heritage & Restoration Contractors.
- Work closely with the Quantity Surveyors assisting with the costings and estimating of materials at tender process.
- You will oversee and review the current pricing structure, implementing new processes as well as checking all tender pricing before sending to clients
- Manage the take-off of projects and schedule of material from drawings.
- Attend regular meetings with clients, Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Designers and Subcontractors to fully understand the extent of the order, scope of works and the agreed programme.
- Prepare works to be estimated by gathering proposals specifications and related documents i.e drawings, schedule of works.
- Research and submit a list of subcontractors who will be part of the supplier tender list without compromising on quality of works, timeline and standard of material.
- Send out tender enquiries for supply only packages such as ironmongery, sanitary ware, internal doors, skirting & architrave etc.
- Manage the procurement schedule and advice project team of typical order times, ensuring sufficient time is given to obtain specialist material.
- Ensure regular meetings are carried out with the design team and the supplier ensuring the brief is maintained and within the time schedule.
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Develop and maintain procurement schedules of all live projects capturing any new design changes, lead times and additional trades.
- Regular contact with site managers and project managers ensuring material is ordered and delivered on time without compromising the project timeline.
- Pricing additional works and raising Instructions.
- Working in coordination with other departments in the business.
The Estimator will have:
- Good understanding of estimating within restoration/heritage/high-end sectors of the construction industry (preferred)
- 3 + years’ experience as an Estimator within the construction industry (Essential)
- Have a great knowledge of building and leveraging a network of commercial gain.
- Be clear and confident communicator
- Ability to negotiate and improve margin
- Have great organisational skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word
- Enthusiastic, ambitious with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
An excellent salary/package is available for the right candidate. As well as the chance to join an established contractor that offers a lot in terms of career development. Please reply with an updated CV in the first instance