Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: tbc
Estimator – Construction – London – Permanent
We are working with a leading specialist contractor specialising in the refurbishment & restoration of historic and listed buildings. This client has appointed us recruit an experienced Estimator to supplement their existing team to work on tenders with values from £500k - £8m
Duties will include
· Liaise with client team at all times.
· Endeavour to undertake any given tender to price on a profitable basis.
· Ensure tender submission deadlines are met.
· Subcontractor packages –
· Prepare and issue documentation; co-ordinate site visits for various trades and packages.
· Analyse sub-contractors costs to ensure best value to suit individual project.
· Prepare and submit tenders in accordance with the tender submission requirements.
· Co-ordinate; maintain tender files; summaries; tender reports in line with the company’s QA system.
· Post tender analysis.
· Attend interviews/pre-contract meeting if required.
· Promote existing business. •Maintain, develop and retain on-going relationships with clients and subcontractors.
· Increase relationships with key existing clients. Requirements:
· IT Literate. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Work, Excel and Project).
· Must be self-motivated, punctual and analytical.
· Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills.
· Previous experience and knowledge working with listed, period and historic buildings is preferable.
· Good knowledge of construction management process and techniques.
This represents a great opportunity for an Estimator to join a successful team and work on tenders for some of the most prestigious projects across the South East.