Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary:
Design Manager - Saudi Arabia - Salary plus Package - Long Term Work
My client was recently awarded the contract to refurbish a high-profile state-owned commercial building in Riyadh. The project is valued at over SAR 300 million and has phased completion dates spread over a total construction period of 24 months. The building was originally constructed in the early 1980’s and is a signature government building located in the center of Riyadh. After demolition the works mainly consist of the renewal of MEP on all floors with new ceilings, walls, floors, glazed partitions and all finishing works usually associated with an office building of this nature. Works will be phased on a floor by floor basis with the building remaining ‘live’ throughout the construction period.
I am recruiting for a Design Manager from a high end fit out background (main contractor or specialist fit-out contractor) to oversee the design coordination and development of the entire project, his main duties will be as follows;
- Lead, manage and coordinate the design development team.
- Manage the coordination of design submissions from all suppliers and subcontractors
- Manage the development of the design to shop drawing stage maximizing buildability to ensure a quality end product
- Work with the company Commercial Manager to ensure cost efficient delivery and overall profitability of the project
- Develop, manage and track all design and material submissions
- Develop, manage and track the Request for Information process
- Liaise on a daily basis with the Project Director and attend meetings representing the company on all design related matters
- Prepare and issue reports at an agreed frequency which clearly present all matters pertaining to the status of design information on the project.
The above is an overview only, the candidate should have a strong but warm personality with the ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment without confrontation. It is essential that the candidate has experience of working in the Middle East.