Sector: Construction | Job Type: Temporary | Salary: £300-£400 per day
Senior Design Manager – Freelance – Reading – Commercial/Retail Fit Out
My client is on the look out for a Senior Design Manager to be based on a project in Reading. My client is one of the UK’s leading main contractors in the commercial fit out market.
The main purpose of the role is to coordinate and integrate the activities of our external design consultants. Assist on pre-construction activities and tender opportunities, to control and interrogate the activities of external design consultants. It would be ideal to have experience working on refurb construction projects in their Commercial or Retail sectors
- Manage the design process during the tender stage
- Attend prequalification interviews and presentations as required
- Agree the tender information required schedule with the bid team
- Fully investigate Value engineering and value creation opportunities
- Interrogation of enquiry documents, in the form of an Employer`s Requirements.
- Production of a Contractor`s Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
- Manage our design process via external consultants & Drive innovative and cost effective solutions into the design
- Progress design issues within a strict time scale & ensure designers meet information delivery dates
- Review Sub contractor design proposals
- Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers
- Ensure the consultant scope of services, responsibilities and fees are agreed
- Introduce relevant `Value Engineering` to provide a commercial advantage
- Have an understanding of different Client procurement routes
- Experience of site/contract procedures would be an advantage & Ability to organise, plan, programme and manage workloads
- Understanding of Building Regulations and Planning Permission procedures.
- Experienced, degree qualified, that of which also works within the Commercial Fit Out sector.
- The individual will need good design and drawing skills both by hand and using AutoCAD
- Sketch up & Photoshop alongside a strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions together with good analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
The role will be site based in Reading and in return the client will offer a satisfactory daily rate.