Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Salary + car, healthcare, pension
Contracts Manager - Small Works - Basingstoke
My client is a leading residential refurbishment and new contractor based out of Basingstoke, with a turnover of £50m+ Due to expansion, they are looking for a Small Works Contracts manager.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a sound knowledge of all aspects of private residential contracting and general contracting.
- Be hardworking, trustworthy and conscientious.
- Have a good understanding of traditional building methods and products associated with the refurbishment of listed buildings, period houses and general contracting.
- Be confident in dealing directly with Architects and Clients, and have the ability to offer sound advice and ideas on all aspects of high quality building and finishes.
- Develop & master further knowledge of Client enquiries, Quotations, Project programming & Surveying
- Be meticulously well organised with project preparation and planning
- Manage and help develop up and coming Traditional works staff to ensure they work to highest possible standards of building and professionalism
- Always maintain the very best levels of service to our clients in forms of Communication, Appearance & Professionalism.
- Be commercially minded when working with clients and where best gains can be made.
- Return a maximum possible Gross Profit Margin on projects without ever compromising on quality and service In addition to the above you will learn and develop the following skills within your role.
- Pricing & Estimating.
- Contracts & Contract presentation.
- Close collaboration with clients and professional advisors.
- Labour Allocation o Direct o Sub-Contract o Agency.
- Manage site teams - including Traditional Works Foreman & their responsibilities and further development.
- Quantifying and ordering materials and plant (through buying dept).
- Surveying o Sub Contract Orders o Valuations o Variations o Final Accounts.
Please reply with an updated CV. This is a permanent role with an immediate start date.