Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Salary + package
Contracts Manager - High-spec main contractor - Kent
My client is an established main contractor based out of Kent - covering refurbishments and new builds across education, healthcare, commercial and high-end residential. Now seeking to CM to support the various teams in London with on-going design projects within their sector. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows. The CM would be based from our Kent office, with a roughly 50/50 split between office and site. Working in conjunction with the Site Manager, the Contracts Manager will provide vital contractual support and guidance to the project.
This role will involve supporting the construction team by delivering the full spectrum of pre and post contract administration and contract management duties. The Contracts Manager will work with the Site Manager and QS to ensure that all contractual aspects of the contract are managed in accordance with the agreed Terms and Conditions of the NEC3/JCT form of contract. Duties would be traditional CM role to oversee 2-3 projects, average value £0.5m-£4m.
Essential skills and experience as follows:
• Refurbishment and new build projects, working under both traditional or design & build schemes
• Construction Education experience - either Higher Education or Primary/Secondary Schools
• Location of our projects would suit someone from the SE London or Kent area
• Programme management using Microsoft Project
• Project reporting and contractual management
• Managing changes to the contract scope, programme and quality of the project, through Early Warning Notices and Compensation Events.
• Ensuring that any additional work / change to the original scope is properly authorised
• Chairing and Issuing meeting minutes for all the meetings held with the subcontractors/consultants.
• Documentation and control of the correspondence relating to change (Early Warning and Compensation Events) to ensure all disputes are fully supported and justified.
• Client liaison/relationship management
• Working with a Quality Management System (ISO9001 etc)
• Contract knowledge of JCT, GC Works and NEC
• You may be required to assist our bid team with pre-tender support
Each project has a QS overseeing the commercial side of the project, and you would be expected to work alongside and support each other. CM role has a good degree of autonomy, but would report into Project Director on a regular basis on each scheme. We offer a fantastic friendly working environment where you control your own destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as: Highly competitive salary Annual holiday allowance A contributory pensions Long Term Service Awards
Please respond with an updated CV in the first instance