Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary:
A Contracts Manager position has become available in Dublin for a large main contractor to manage project teams to ensure safe delivery of projects on time and within budget to stated quality and client’s satisfaction.
· Ensuring each contract is properly planned and programmed.
· Ensuring production and commercial procedures are implemented across all projects.
· Implementation of all Company safety, health, environmental and quality procedures ensuring statutory compliance across all projects.
· Preparation of contract budget in conjunction with profit centre surveyor and monitoring of performance and acting when necessary to improve.
· Develop contract programme with Site Manager, ensuring necessary resources are in place and establishing sequence and timing of operations for the completion of the work.
· Ensuring all relevant information is collated, reviewed and actioned at regular contract review meetings. Attending client / consultant meetings, preparing and responding to the requirements of the meeting.
· Ensuring delays are properly recorded under the contract to ensure contractual entitlement.
· Taking overall responsibility for all projects until end of defects liability period (retention release).
· Authorising the placing of sub-contractor and supplier orders in accordance with the Limit of Authority document.
· Champion quality standards on all contracts via culture of continuous improvement.
· Participate in tender adjudication meetings.
· Ensure staff are kept up to date with current legislation and training needs to meet the company’s objectives.
· Construction methods and technologies
· Measurement and valuation
· Commercial strategy and innovation to maximise profit delivery and cash management
· Knowledge and understanding of subcontract/material orders and procurement
· Preparation and understanding of financial reports
· Ability to manage multiple projects
· Knowledge of health and safety, quality procedures and construction industry WRA