Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Negotiable
Title: Contract Manager – Architectural Glass and Glazing,
My client is a specialist sub-contractor operating within two distinct markets; interior fit out solutions and major landscaping for residential and commercial properties.
With an annual turnover of £7M, my client will celebrate their 20th year in business and will be creating a third business unit within glass, architectural glass and glazing.
My client is creating a newly formed business unit as they have recently won a major project worth £3M of glass installation, which will be phased throughout the rest of 2017. The £3M glass package will include glass packages which covers several sites within Central London. The project includes double and single glazed partitions, a bespoke glass atrium and high-end glass balustrades and unique specialist glass finishes with a complex design.
Initially, due to the current structure, this project will fall under the ‘Interior Fit Out’ business division. My client has the long-term vision to create a specialist architectural glass and glass partitioning as a separate business entity. The need therefore exists for a Contract Manager to initially run the £3M glass packages across the various sites, which will evolve into Directorship in order for the successful Contract Manager to head up the newly formed Glass Division.
- This role for Contract Manager presents a rare and unique opportunity, which has the potential to offer partnership in a newly formed business within glass installation sub-contractor, with the promise of share options and bonuses based on profit.
- In order to be considered for this unique, once in a life time opportunity, Contract Managers must come from a background in glass.
- Contract Managers will have a proven record in managing glass and glazing fit out solutions for commercial markets in London.
- You will have a proven track record in managing multiple sites of glass installation at different phases in construction.
- Contract Managers must be strong with procurement, and therefore an ability to read complex construction drawings within glass will be essential for this role.
- Contract Mangers must have worked for a sub-contractor who operate in both supply and fit of glass and glazed interior fit out solutions. Whilst background in glass supply and products will be considered, Contract Managers must have experience of managing the installation of the glass on site.
- Contract Managers must display a natural commercial acumen, with proven track record in managing procurement of material, labour and supply chain.
In return, my client is offering an exciting and challenging new role to the business, which if successful with have long-term and far reaching benefits, such as part ownership of the glass sub-contractor and healthy bi-annual bonuses. The role will be a challenge, this opportunity would be suitable for someone who is hungry and ambitious and looking for Directorship within their role in the next few years.
Contract Manager – Architectural Glass and Glazing