Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Circa £100k + car, package & bonus
Chief Buyer / Head of Procurement – London
Our client is a major multi-national development organisation and is recognised as one of the Top-3 largest (by volume and turnover) residential and commercial developers in Asia.
This organisation has now established a presence in Europe and has focussed on London in particular. Their first scheme will be a major redevelopment of a former colonial high commission building in Central London, close to Buckingham Palace. The site was acquired for in excess of £300m and our client will spend a further £600m+ over next few years converting and extending this beautiful listed property into super-prime private residential apartments for sale at the very top-end of the market.
Following this our client has also acquired additional prestigious Central London sites and will be undertaking similar type developments commencing the back end of 2014.
It is estimated that the company will be buying construction goods and services with a value of £3billion over the next 6 years.
The international procurement team will be responsible for procurement of all goods & services for its UK business, with primary focus on Design (various consultants) and Construction Management services. Our client now seeks an experienced Chief Buyer / Head of Procurement to head up this department based from their Central London offices.
This individual would lead the Procurement team. Key responsibilities would include:
· Working closely with the Cost Management and Design teams to set the project budget.
· Work closely with the Design, Cost Management & Project Management teams to decide the Procurement strategy for the project.
· Co-ordinate with the Design and QS teams to prepare and float tenders.
· Negotiate tenders and appoint contractors.
· Monitor budget and cost to complete.
· Develop vendor base and empanel vendors.
· Develop strategic relationships with key vendors.
· Identify value engineering opportunities and work with the Design and Project Management teams to implement the same.
· Coordinate with the India procurement team to take advantage of scale of buying and reduce procurement costs, especially for materials.
· Manage and nurture an able team under him / her.
· 12 years+ of which at least 8 years needs to be with a leading construction company in procurement oriented role.
· Strong understanding of local consultant/vendor base and their strengths/weaknesses.
· Good communication
· Presentable personality
A salary of circa £100k + car & full package is on offer