Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Salary
Building Surveyor - High-end residential - Notting Hill
The Building Surveyor will have an extremely varied job role and will be joining a team renowned for their exceptional client service who are currently winning a variety of high end residential contracts in London. You will be given exposure to an array of projects and will be responsible for building good working relationships with directors, staff, clients, contractors and other third parties.
- Attending client, site and design team meetings
- Ensuring the portfolio of specialist company properties are safe 24/7/365
- Providing advice that ensures best practice health & safety and construction is adhered and maintained by all.
- Timely resolve of building issues including dilapidation to ensure minimal disruption
- Pre-inspection, assessing repairs requirements day to day, offering a customer focused service practically.
- Identify defects and works required when on site if arise.
- Liaising with contractors in regards to the quality and any amendments to the works.
- Post inspect quality of works and any further works leading.
- Identify any health and safety or challenges which would arise during the works.
- Report any progress and challenges
- Creating Office Project Programmes
- Manage cost and value for money
- Technical Due Diligence
- Contract Administration
- Schedules of Condition
- Measured surveys
- Project manage the works whilst on site, attending snagging, final inspection and dealing with resultant defects.
- Creating and updating RAMS and other related documents as required for party wall agreements
The Project Building Surveyor will have:
- MSc/BSc in Building surveying/Construction Management (Essential)
- Minimum of 3 years Building Surveying/Construction Management experience (Essential)
- Knowledge of Basement construction and structural waterproofing (Essential)
- Knowledge of Movement monitoring/Theodolite measuring (desirable)
- Sound knowledge of The Party Wall Act and experience dealing with surveyors.
- Proven track record of providing H&S legislation advice across multi-site property portfolio
- Good understanding of construction contracts (Essential)
- Experience in working on high end residential building projects (Desirable)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word & Project as well as Online cloud based services and current IT
- Enthusiastic, ambitious with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
Please reply with an updated CV in the first instance.