Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: tbc
We are working with a leading regional construction company. The company has been established for many years and work on a variety of projects including some of the most prestigious buildings in London. They provide construction expertise to clients in a number of sectors including Education, Healthcare and Commercial and Historic buildings. They are very busy and require ambitious Assistant Quantity Surveyors to assist the successful running of new projects. The first project will be a £15m project at an Educational facility, this will involve new build and refurbishment works.
You will get full exposure to an interesting and varied range of works Duties:
- Variations on a large number of on-going projects.
- Participate in the calculation and preparation of all company valuations and final accounts.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of monthly job cost analysis data.
- Analyse current methods and procedures and develop improved methods of working.
- Organise, order and manage subcontract orders, applications and assist with subcontract enquiries and management.
- Undertaking costs analysis.
- Client queries.
- Liaison with internal Departments..
- Perform risk and value management and cost control.
- Analyse costs of subcontractors before work commences.
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks.
- Allocate work to subcontractors.
- Value completed work and arrange payments.
- Knowledge of building contracts. Person specification Relevant construction qualification.
Post qualification construction experience Site based experience. If you are passionate about the construction industry and want to work on projects involving the highest quality of workmanship this would be an excellent opportunity.The right person will be given full support and all be expected to take a leading role in the future growth of the company. In return our client is offering a competitive basic salary and the opportunity for career progression with a busy organisation.