Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £22K - £30K + Package
Title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor – Large Sub Contractor – Assistant Quantity Surveyor – Large Sub Contractor,
Salary: £22K - £30K + Package,
- My client is the leading specialist dry wall and glass partitioning company that designs, manufactures and installs partitioning to the highest possible standards.
- My client has won numerous awards for the quality of their projects and their products they manufacture. My client is not only the leadings specialist sub-contractor of partitions, they also offer a great work environment and team atmosphere. My client has high staff retention rate with well over a third of the employees having worked for the company for ten years or more.
- My client actively encourages career development and promotion from within and prides itself on their award winning training programmes.
- Due to a recent influx of projects in the buoyant London market my client now requires Two Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team and become part of the success story.
- To measure, price and invoice all elements of work to be charged for the package of works contracted.
- To manage commercial aspects of specific projects and complete tasks assigned by the Commercial Manager, ensuring agreed profit levels are maintained, negotiating and quantifying with Operatives, and measuring works as specified to price.
- To undertake the following duties:
- Operate the weekly wage process
- Identify additional works carried out not included within the sub-contract
- Submit variation costs to the client
- Prepare variations for the QS team
- Update measured works within application for payment document (AFP) to ensure you keep the client informed of the complete works & variations in order to arrive at payment for the given period
- Quantify and value materials on site
- Value prelims - costs associated with completing the works
- Scale/measure from general arrangement drawings, these are documents used for detailing floor / elevation layouts.
- Basic understanding of standard methods of measurement
- Basic practical competence in dry lining
- Carry out builders works in connection to fire-stopping and noggin measures on site
- Understand basic construction and QS terms of reference
- Understand the basic principles of the programme
- Assist with the projected final accounts and costs
- Assist with reporting on cash flow
- Identify issues or potential issues to the project and share with the team
- Propose solutions to solve simple problems on site
- Assistant Quantity Surveyors will have an understanding of accounting packages
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor will be able to read and measure drawings
- Previous experience in the construction industry or similar discipline
- Grade C GCSE Maths or equivalent
- Grade C GCSE English or equivalent
- Basic level of computer skills (Excel, Word)
- CSCS Gold Card
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Working towards relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying
- HNC Qualification