Sector: Construction | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - High-end residential - London
My client is a medium-sized building company specializing in high quality residential refurbishment and new-build. Typical contract size £0.5m - £5m. projects. The job-holder will be based at the company offices near Wimbledon but will need to visit sites mostly located in the SW postcodes of London or adjacent Home Counties.
The vacancy would suit a semi - qualified /qualified surveyor but the candidate must have a minimum of 2 years practical surveying experience working for a similar sized company.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To maximize the gross margin on the company’s building contracts by supporting the Project surveyor in obtaining best prices for sub-contracts, accurately assessing costs during delivery of the contract and in justifying to and claiming from clients all contractual payments due to the company.
- Prepare and despatch tender packages to sub-contractors (with clerical support) .
- Set up job files and all necessary records (with clerical support and in conjunction with Accounts Dept.
- Collate sub-contractor tenders and, in consultation with the Contracts Manager, award sub-contracts.
- In conjunction with the (Senior Project Surveyor), check and approve sub-contractors’ claims for payment .
- Liaise with sub-contractors to resolve queries .
- Assess and cost variations to contract .
- Update and maintain records.
- Assist with contract valuations.
- Assist with monthly cost/value reconciliations.
- Submit and agree final accounts (in conjunction with the Senior Project surveyor).
Candidates will have at least 2 years experience with a building contractor, be able to deal with sub-contractors and from a residential new build or refurb background. An excellent salary + package + bonus scheme is available for the right person.