Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Negotiable
Senior Planner – Excellent Package
The Client: With a projected turnover of £100M this year, My client is a privately owned main contractor, operating in construction, design and build and RC Frame/Groundworks, with progressive and measured plans for business growth, my client has a projected turnover of £140M for 2015.
Within the construction division alone my client currently has tenders out in the market worth in excess of £85M. This really is an exciting time to join a fast growing business within a buoyant market. My client is currently boasting a full project order book. Working alongside key Senior Managers at board level my client’s leadership team all have backgrounds in Directorship of UK Major contractors.This is an excellent opportunity for dynamic and ambitious Senior Planner to join a rapidly growing main contractor.
- To coordinate with bid and construction teams to manage and control the planning and programming aspects of bid proposals and multiple projects in progress.
- Produce tender programmes compliant with project budget, design and construction methodology.
- Production, management and updating of the construction master programme and effective communication to the site team and major stakeholders.
- Undertaking the full range of planning duties to ensure that robust baseline programmes are agreed across multiple projects.
- Ensuring plans are accurate and sequenced correctly.
- Undertaking regular progress updates to ensure successful delivery of projects; monitoring client reports related to the plan and ensuring compliance.
- Establish regular progress updates with site team and client to ensure that plans accurately reflect project progress and that forecasts of remaining work correct.
- Work closely with the commercial team to manage design variations of the project plan with adjusted progress reports and cost in order to identify and communicate effects of change in a timely manner to the project team.
- Produce the agreed reports in line with both client/internal requirements such as dashboard, earned value, productivity, histograms, and baseline variance and look ahead reports.
- Construction Management degree or equivalent.
- Ability to liaise and manage, internal and external suppliers and other third party service providers.
- Systems knowledge must have experience of in the use of planning software (Primavera P6, MSP, Artemis, ASTA).
A minimum of ten years post qualification experience in planning with UK recognised main contractors.