Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Salary (negotiable on experience)
Quantity Surveyor – Reading – Groundwork Frames
Salary (Negotiable on experience)
My client is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their expanding commercial team in the Reading area. The successful candidate would ideally come from a surveying background with experience in Groundwork Frames from previous projects.
- Have a successful track record in managing all costs relating to building and/or civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures
- Be able to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality
- Have considerable early commercial input to develop our proposals through to submission.
- Be a critical part of the commercial team in the office, developing and ultimately delivering prices for the projects through the pre-construction phase
- Overall financial, contractual and legal contract of their projects
- Knowledge & understanding of our obligations under the Contract
- Maximise Value Recovery and cash
- Administer Contract Records.
- Measurement and valuation
- Production and agreement of Final Accounts
- Obtain tax and insurance details on subcontractors
- Ensuring that the terms and conditions of subcontractor’s orders are agreed
· Degree in Quantity Surveying
· Background Groundworks experience with similar sub-contractors
· Five plus years’ experience in Quantity Surveying
· Excellent negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Good oral and written communication skills