Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary:
Project Manager – Galway – Permanent
My client is a busy Irish main contractor and are on the lookout for a Project Manager to join their growing team for a project based in the Galway area for long term ongoing work.
- Project Management, in compliance with company policies, procedures and Building Regulations
- Good knowledge & understanding of the GCCC Form of Contract as well as RIAI Standard Forms of Contract
- Good technical knowledge of building processes and details
- Ensure compliance with Quality, Environment & Health & Safety Management System to ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Co-ordinate construction of projects to meet programme, budget & specification.
- Co-ordinate Site Meetings with the Design Team & Subcontractors
- Manage and direct site staff and all subcontractors
- Monitor construction, about quality of workmanship and materials
- Co-ordinate and liaise with Construction Team to ensure that all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information.
- Chair & recording of meeting with sub-contractors, design teams or the like
- Close liaison with the Project QS to monitor cost control, identify variations and procurement of subcontractors.
- Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, building regulations and good building practice
- Check and understand all drawings and specifications. Ensure that any errors / omissions are formally communicated to the Design Team in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the Design Team members supply all requested information on time
- Production and revision of the contract and sub contract programmes
- Ensure company owned plant and equipment is maintained in good working order
- Ideally degree qualified with a Minimum of 4 years +’ experience with Main Contractor in Ireland or the UK as a Project Manager on €10m+ projects
- Motivated individual with excellent negotiation/communication skills
- Excellent IT Skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Planning Software
Background experience with Design and Build