Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Salary (negotiable on experience)
Project Manager – East London – Externals/ Groundworks
Salary (Negotiable on experience)
I am looking for a Project Manager with experience in Groundwork, Drainage and External works for projects based around the London area. This is a long-term career move and offers a great opportunity with a fantastic company. The successful candidate would ideally come from a project management background with a similar sub-contractor.
- Project Delivery.
- Manage the day-to-day working, from ensuring the correct material turns up before a job, to explaining the work ethics and activities to colleagues.
- Managing the site engineers, foremen, labour and plant.
- Communication and information flow with the contract’s manager and the client.
- Implementing the company health & safety management systems and procedures and quality assurance procedures.
- Report progress on projects, maintain and update project reporting, checkpoints and financial reporting to a high standard.
- Co-ordinate required support levels and training.
- Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors before construction work starts.
- Developing the programme of work and strategy for the project, planning to prevent problems on site before they occur.
- Using construction management software packages to plan smooth workflows.
- Communicating with a range of people including the client, subcontractors, suppliers, the public and the workforce.
- Degree qualified in civil engineering.
- Knowledge in Externals, Groundworks, Drainage and Hard Landscaping methods and techniques.
- Proven track record from similar sector specific organisations.
- An excellent communicator.
- Previous Sub Contractor experience.
- Able to work as part of a team yet willing to work independently.
- Have commercial awareness.
- Good problem solving skills are essential.
- IT is increasingly important for managers working on site and in the office, so building up skills in this area is vital.