Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Salary (negotiable on experience)
Procurement Manager – Mullingar
Salary – Negotiable on experience
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen in a company based in the midlands are currently seeking an experienced procurement manager for a full-time permanent role at their head office. This is an exciting position to join a successful and rapidly growing business.
- Pre-qualification and set up of new suppliers according to company procedures. Carry out regular supplier assessment of existing suppliers. Negotiate agreements and prices with suppliers.
- Assists with the planning and management of budgets, policies and practices for the company
- build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers;
- Manage company internal purchasing system in line with company policy, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
- Provide all requested purchasing and supplier related reports including quarterly spend report, monthly KPI reports and other report information requested by senior management
- Provides coaching and guidance on job performance and career development to direct reports.
- Reporting of all procurement saving.
- conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
- liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, and relevant internal departments
- forecast price trends and their impact on future activities;
- develop a purchasing strategy;
- Manage and responsible for purchasing department
- Candidates must have a graduated from one of the following disciplines – Purchasing and supply, Business Studies.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Must have strong business and commercial acumen
- Be an experienced negotiator
- Ability to build and develop strong trusting relationships with suppliers and colleagues
- Must be a self-starter, be goal focused and work on your own initiative
- Excellent at working under strict deadlines and ability to prioritise and delegate workload accordingly
- Must have excellent organizational and multitasking skills, and attention to detail