Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Salary (negotiable on experience)
Health and Safety Manager – Large Sub Contractor – East London
Salary (negotiable on experience)
My client is looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team on a project based in East London. The successful candidate would ideally come from a background of Health and Safety with a similar subcontractor within civil based projects.
- Carry out site inspections.
- Carrying out safety inspections and producing risk assessments.
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings with senior management.
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all new staff on site and maintain documentary evidence of same.
- Identify areas of risk and develop measures to reduce and control.
- Provide relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
- Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents.
- Ensure that correct PPE is availed of always by all relevant employees.
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Degree qualified.
- Previous experience with similar large sub-contractors
- 5-6 years working as a Health and Safety Officer on Construction Projects.
- Experience with relevant HSQE standards and management systems.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must be proactive and be able to work as part of a team.
- Computer literate.
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
Our client seeks to select and promote employees based on their individual qualifications, experience and abilities to ensure complete equality of opportunity.