Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Salary (negotiable on experience)
Estimator – Croydon – Groundwork/ Frames
Permanent Position – Immediate Start
Salary: Negotiable on Experience
Our client, a busy groundwork frames contractor with a turnover of £100 million is seeking an Estimator to join their expanding commercial team based in Croydon. The ideal candidate would come from a Groundworks background and have previous estimating experience.
The Estimator will be responsible for producing priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within strict deadlines. The Estimator will also be responsible for the measurement of all tender drawings and the management of all additional surveying documentation requested in relation to project tenders. In addition, the estimator must have a proven track record in all estimating functions, in addition to a strong commercial awareness and the ability to deal with tenders from start to finish.
· Preparation and negotiation of tender’s submission
· Measuring and Quantity Take-Off from drawings
· Producing Bills of Quantities;
· Sourcing pre-project information;
· Visit site and record information about access, drainage and topography, and availability of services such as water and electricity;
· Produce Tender report;
· Ensure tender is delivered to the appropriate place on time;
· Attend pre and post tender interviews, client meetings;
· Liaising and reporting to the Quantity Surveying Director, the Estimating Director and Procurement Department in relation to on-going projects submissions;
· Attend regular pipeline meetings to review current tender submission requirements and communicate effectively to keep QS Director up-to-date on project submission status whilst also tracking and resolving issues;
· Degree in Quantity Surveying
· Groundworks experience
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience
· Displays thorough understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings to include an exceptional accuracy in measurement capabilities
· Demonstrates excellent analytical responsibility
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to provide and explain accurate reporting
Contact Pat on 07780337419 for more details on this position.