Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Between £75,000 - £95,000 depending on seniority
Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor,
Salary: €55-70k + Package,
Location: Ireland - Cork.
My client has been established for just 50 years, boasting an annual turnover of £150M, my client is a Civils contractor operating as Part of a number of frameworks, do lots of work for National Grid & Network rail… Station upgrades, platform extensions, Access roads, Sub – stations – Highways/aviation. which range on value from £500K - £30M.
My client undertakes construction work in education, residential, leisure, commercial and industrial and has proven expertise in delivering projects effectively through negotiated, partnering, traditional, two stage and design and build contracts. Due to continued steady and measured growth, my client now requires a Senior Estimator to join their work winning team.
- Implementing/maintaining and developing the estimating and commercial systems within the company.
- Manage the expectations of clients, designers, architects and consultants
- Preparation and provision of estimates in response to enquiries, create material take-offs from drawings and specification.
- Develop material, labour, subcontract pricing for estimates, using first principals
- Apply construction knowledge to ensure value engineering for clients and business development for increasing scope of works
- Produce complete estimates for final approval incorporating quantity take-off, labour estimate, subcontracts and material pricing.
- Formally submit offers to customer and liaise through the estimating process. • Handover of successful tender information in a manner that the site teams are suitability briefed The Individual: • Senior Estimators must come from a similar sized civils contractor 50M – 100M turnover
- My client requires a Senior Estimator who has a stable work history, you MUST be able to demonstrate loyalty and longevity with previous employers
- Senior Estimators must be able to price projects using first principals up to the value of £10M in a variety of sectors • You will have at least 5 years’ experience in the construction industry with a formal qualification relevant to construction or engineering Remuneration and Benefits:
- In addition to the fantastic package above, my client operates off a flat management structure, which encourages professional growth whilst working in a relaxed and fun environment.
- My client also believes and promotes a healthy work life balance by inspires their employees to work productively by ensuring they get home at a reasonable time and have a life outside of the office.
- My client is offering a salary of £70 -75K (Estimator) £85k - £100k (Senior Estimator) + Company Car or Car Allowance of £6K + Pension + Healthcare + Fuel Card.
- My client also offers 26 days annual leave, a discretionary performance bonus and discounted gym membership.