Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Salary (negotiable on experience)
Estimator – North London – Main Contractor
Salary (negotiable experience)
A Senior Estimator position has become available in North London with a busy main contractor.
The Estimator will be responsible for producing priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within strict deadlines. The Estimator will also be responsible for the measurement of all tender drawings and the management of all additional surveying documentation requested in relation to project tenders, Design and Build and PPP project detail, and other pricing measures as required. In addition, the estimator must have a proven track record in all estimating functions, in addition to a strong commercial awareness and the ability to deal with tenders from start to finish.
· Preparation and negotiation of tender’s submission
· Measuring and Quantity Take-Off from drawings
· Producing Bills of Quantities;
· Sourcing pre-project information;
· Visit site and record information about access, drainage and topography, and availability of services such as water and electricity;
· Produce Tender report;
· Ensure tender is delivered to the appropriate place on time;
· Attend pre and post tender interviews, client meetings;
· Liaising and reporting to the Quantity Surveying Director, the Estimating Director and Procurement Department in relation to on-going projects submissions;
· Attend regular pipeline meetings to review current tender submission requirements and communicate effectively to keep QS Director up-to-date on project submission status whilst also tracking and resolving issues;
· Keeps abreast of various changes in industry and competitive environment in which the company operates;
· Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations;
· Perform Other Duties and Projects as assigned.
· Degree in Quantity Surveying
· Minimum of 5 years of main contracting experience with proven track record in dealing with design teams, main contractors and clients
· Displays thorough understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings to include an exceptional accuracy in measurement capabilities
· Displays high capability of extracting quantities from drawings and issuing enquiries to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that accurate quotations are received for pricing within specified time frames
· Demonstrates excellent analytical responsibility
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to provide and explain accurate reporting.
· Excellent organization and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
· Self-starter and ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision. Must be highly flexible with a high-level commitment to success.
· Ability to work successfully as part of a team with wide variety of individuals demonstrating effective interpersonal