Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary:
Estimator – Main Contractor – Dublin
Generous Salary plus package
Permanent with immediate start
Generate best-price tender submissions that will successfully win contracts in a competitive budgeting situation.
- Produce estimates by gathering proposals, quotes, specifications and related documents.
- Identify opportunities and deficits in the tender documents that provide commercial leverage.
- Obtain quotes from subcontractors and suppliers; compute costs and maintain a fit-for-purpose cost database.
- Analyze, evaluate and perform risk analysis on supplier and subcontract packages
- Work with the QS function in pre-contract negotiations.
- Liaise with the Chief Estimator and senior management on contractual concerns and ensure that all necessary notices and submissions are met in a timely manner.
- Engage with the commercial/project team to agree budgets prior to the pre-start handover meeting.
- Manage and control preliminary budgets for tender process.
- Ensure client relationships are maintained throughout commercial negotiations.
- Compile and maintain costs data reports.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key
- Review technical publications; track price trends and regulatory changes
- Good knowledge of construction outputs, and of labour, plant and material prices.
- Financially numerate with strong commercials knowledge.
- Good understanding of data analysis methods.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Ability to manage tender documentation and punctual with reports.
- 5+ years’ work experience in an estimating capacity with project management background
- Third level qualification in engineering, construction, quantity surveying or related field
- Methodical, analytical mindset with good attention to detail
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines.