Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: Salary (negotiable on experience)
Contracts Manager – North London – Groundworks
Salary (Negotiable on experience)
My client, a leading sub-contractor, is currently looking for a hardworking Contracts Manager to join their expanding team based in London. Background experience in groundworks and RC Frames is essential. You will be required to lead the entire site team with regards to health and safety, resources allocation, team management, planning and monitoring progress of projects.
- Ensuring each contract is properly planned and programmed.
- Ensuring production and commercial procedures are implemented across all projects.
- Implementation of all Company safety, health, environmental and quality procedures ensuring statutory compliance across all projects.
- Preparation of contract budget in conjunction with profit centre surveyor and monitoring of performance and acting when necessary to improve.
- Develop contract programme with Site Manager, ensuring necessary resources are in place and establishing sequence and timing of operations for the completion of the work.
- Ensuring delays are properly recorded under the contract to ensure contractual entitlement.
- Taking overall responsibility for all projects until end of defects liability period (retention release).
- Champion quality standards on all contracts via culture of continuous improvement.
- Participate in tender adjudication meetings.
- Ensure staff are kept up to date with current legislation and training needs to meet the company’s objectives.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience in a Contracts Manager role
- Background experience in Groundworks Frame
- Must show proven longevity with previous employers, taking similar projects from inception to completion
- Strong management, communication and customer relations skills