Sector: Civil Engineering | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: €30-40k + Package
Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor,
Salary: €55-70k + Package,
Location: Ireland - Cork.
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required by a leading Irish based sub-contractor to work on a large €80m mixed use development in the Dublin area.
- Degree level qualification
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent communicator
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- A desire to progress within the company Role and responsibilities:
- All quantity surveying duties including measurements, valuation and agreement of work sections
- Analyse blue prints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour costs vs estimates.
- Experience in project management • Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills • Competent in all forms of Microsoft packages
- Monitor cost from vendors or subcontractors, explores variances, manging issues in conjunction with manager, deals with cost overseas and recovery.
- Reports on actual costs and examines estimates used by management for purpose such as planning, organising and schedule work.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project manager.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting system and procedures.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost date to be effective on cost reduction.
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate / assistant QS to join an industry leading contractor that will offer continued development including full support through chartership whilst gaining experience working on large scale projects throughout Dublin City.